Wednesday December 26th, 2012

Happy Belated Boxing Day! Again, this is from my vacation time. This time I chose to write my poem in classic Quatraine style, with multiple stanzas. For each stanza, the rhyme scheme is ABAB.

A Lesson Learned

I watch from afar, afraid to approach,
I look on, growing ever more wary,
Nothing could lead me to encroach,
The world is much too scary.

A father yells, a child cries,
A mother chides, a girl pouts,
A man probes, a suspect lies,
A wife soothes, a husband shouts.

The circle of pain goes ever on,
No end in sight, no guiding light,
No eternal night turned into dawn,
No blinded man returned his sight.

I cannot care, life lashes back.
I cannot dare, the world staves me off.
I learned my lesson, the world much too black,
Sees my compassion, and can only scoff.

***

Sometimes it can seem that you're trying to do everything you can to help, and those around you think that you're just in the way or opposing them. It's a rather frustrating feeling, especially when noone is aware they are in the wrong. Fortunately, I know the world not to be like this all the time, no matter how it may appear at one specific instant. All you need do is wait a moment and the sun will peek out of the clouds that were hiding it.

No comments:

Post a Comment